AIM21 Wave 2 Mentorship Program LAUNCH
5. By Volunteers For Volunteers
18. What is your level of awareness?
31. Demo Mentoring Engagement Tool
10. 十年樹木 百年樹人 Mentorship: The Journey Begins
1. AIM 21 Mentorship Program Wave 2 (June 15 – September 15, 2021)
11. Show of hands Has anyone taken the time to guide you in some aspect of your work or life without expecting anything in return?
12. Mentors are people who can give hope, build resilience in others, provide support, wisdom and advice with a heart Mentoring is a form of people power Good mentors are good listeners
13. Mentoring is a 2 - way relationship Both mentor and mentee can grow from the interaction
23. 聽 Ear Undivided Attention Eye King
25. 25 Learning Questions Create Awareness Challenge Assumptions Change Perspective Elicit Action
17. 知人者智也，自知者明也。 勝人者有力也，自勝者強也。 “To know another is intelligence; To know oneself is true wisdom. To master others is strength; To master oneself is true power.”
32. Thank you! WWW . ASIAINSTITUTEOFMENTORING . COM Questions?
4. Our Purpose To grow mentors and raise the quality of mentoring, expand the mentoring ecosystem while spreading the benefits of mentoring to impact millions of lives. It takes 10 years to grow a tree 100 years to grow people 十年樹木 百年樹人
21. Common Mistakes in Listening ◇ Listening to respond and/or talking ◇ Making assumptions ... jumping to conclusions ◇ Allow personal prejudices ◇ Concern with words, not ideas
14. Mentoring can help Entrepreneurs & Leaders • Share expertise • Improve leadership skills • Get different perspectives • Build network • Build own skill as a mentor
22. ◇ Make eye contact and stay focused on the speaker ◇ Check out what you heard • Summarize the content • Reflect back the feeling ◇ Be aware of your body language Listening Tips
2. Co - Founder, AIM Executive Chairman, WholeTree Foundation Founding Partner, Fatfish MediaLab Executive Mentor, YSI SEA Founder, Deep Human Hello I’m Yen - Lu Hello I’m Sze Mentoring Program Manager, AIM Senior Consulting Engineer, Canon Singapore
27. Learning Questions Commitment to outcomes Confidentiality Mutual trust and respect Willingness to learn and share Supportiveness Openness Mutual Agreement and Understanding
15. “Great Mentors Focus on the Whole Person. Not Just Their Career” Harvard Business Review Rick Woolworth August 09, 2019 ... it’s one of the beauties of mentoring and what differentiates it from coaching for skill - building or performance. Simon Sinek What does it mean to be a Mentor? January 22, 2018 15
3. Agenda - Welcome and introductions - Brief sharing about AIM - Mentoring as a Foundation - The AIM Mentoring Journey - Check - in Milestones - Usage of Mentoring Engagement Tool - Q&A
24. Questioning ◇ Garbage in, garbage out – answers we receive depend on the type of questions we ask ◇ Asking the right question is at the heart of effective communication ◇ Effective questions are powerful and thought provoking – how well do we ask?
29. Uplifting the Human Spirit via Mentoring Mentors can Guide Others to Live As Better Versions of Themselves In order to Help themselves (self - efficacy) Self - Actualise Help bring about a kinder, gentler, more inclusive, more just and sustainable world for all.
20. What is Active Listening? ✓ Curious and interested in the other person ✓ Feel honoured that someone is sharing their information with you ✓ Being in that space totally, not knowing what’s next - Compass vs Map ✓ Being alert to what is being said and unsaid and aware of physical cues – language, posture, visual cues etc.
28. The AIM Mentoring Journey ✓ Build a WORKING level of Trust with the Mentee ✓ Provide Broader and Alternative Perspectives to the Mentee ‘Master Perspective’ ✓ Encourage the Mentee to Develop Proactive, Positive Course of Actions ✓ Encourage the Mentee in Taking Action, and Receiving Feedback ✓ Guide the Mentee to see the Feedback from a Growth Mindset Perspective ✓ Encourage the Mentee to Grow ✓ Guide the Mentee to find Purpose ✓ Encourage/Inspire the Mentee to Help Others ✓ Use the AIM Mentoring Framework
16. What Makes a Good Mentor? (Mentee’s View) Provided useful feedback toward my goals 9% Encouraged me to take risks 5% Stretched and challenged me 25% Guided with personal insights and knowledge 14% Treated me as unique individual 12% Trusted me with special assignments 12% Inspired me to achieve my potential 12% Increased my self confidence 12% Blessing White Survey
26. 26 Create Awareness Challenge Assumptions Change Perspective Elicit Action Activity: Learning Questions Identify what type of questions are these? 1. Where are you now on a scale of 1 to 10? 2. What would be your next step? 3. Who is stopping you? 4. How might this be done differently? 5. What if the obstacle did not exists? 6. How do you feel about this? 7. When are you going to do it? 8. Tell me about a recent success
30. 十年樹木 百年樹人 Milestones Check - Ins 15 - Jun Start of 1 st Month Kick - Off learn more about joint commitment to the mentoring program Rapport the pair have made contact and established communication Purpose they have set some goals and have a sense of direction Reconnecting discuss progress and challenges (not alone); share strategies Closure celebrate success, acknowledge contribution and provide a sense of closure to those who want it; feedback and end of facilitation 1 4 - Jul End of 1 st Month 29 - Ju l Mid of 2 nd Month 16 - Aug Start of 3 rd Month 15 - Sep End of 3 rd Month ∞ Testimonial through AIS
- 125 Total Views
- 84 Website Views
- 41 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 2 www.asiainstituteofmentoring.com
AIM Video1107 Views .
ACCA Briefing997 Views .
The Benefits of Mentoring995 Views .
ACCA TTM973 Views .
AIM Launch Event845 Views .
CPM in Action830 Views .
Certified Professional Mentor November 2019828 Views .
Mentoring in the Tech Space815 Views .
Mentoring Inside Out762 Views .
AIM OBS Train-the-Mentor691 Views .
AIM Networking Event September 6, 2019673 Views .
AIM EnactUS Mentoring in the Social Sphere668 Views .
Intro to AIM & UNACOV600 Views .
Leadership Mindset Mastery Program572 Views .
Merger as an SMEs Strategy to Combat a Crisis522 Views .