19.01 - Newsletter
Thank you for being there with us at the exclusive launch of the Asia Institute of Mentoring (AIM) on Friday January 11, 2019.
It was an especially wonderful evening and we want to extend our heartfelt thank you to everyone who made the effort to be there with us and for us. The overwhelming responses, your incredible support and presence provide us courage and great hope that our passion, believe and commitment to mentoring is on the right path.
The hard work is now only just begun for AIM and mentoring, and we look forward to your continuing support and engagement as we embark on this journey to bring the culture mentoring to every corner of the society, and to set off the first ripples of giving forward through mentoring here in Asia.
We do want to extend a BIG thank you also to our partner organizations - Human Resources & Finance Community (HRFC), WholeTree Foundation / Over-the-Rainbow, 8Pinnacle, Syner-Catalyst, Strengths Coaching Asia, Altitude C, Mob Learning, Damson Capital, Behavioural Consulting Group and LifeWorkz - our generous venue sponsor and launch partners SGInnovate, our emcee Chua Ruo-Mei of SUTW (who did a tremendous job) and all our volunteers too.
We also want to take this opportunity to answer the two most common questions we are being asked about AIM below. For more information about AIM and our future events, programs and initiatives, do follow us on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Our Very Best Wishes,
Lawrence & Yen-Lu
On behalf of the team from the Asia Institute of Mentoring (AIM)
What is AIM’s core purpose:
* To create and sustain an intensely human way of creating scalable impact in society, by helping people become positively self-reliant, as they learn how to cope and grow;
* We fight despair, burnout, hopelessness, loneliness, desperation by offering a human connection, giving hope and guiding them to positively plan a way forward, providing emotional and intellectual support to help them on the journey of self-discovery and self-efficacy;
* Mentoring (also coaching, counselling, etc) is merely the channel or the medium that we choose to deliver the services, but it is not the goal.
* The mentor is merely the vessel or vehicle to make this happen. We invest in training and certification, giving new mentors opportunities to hone their craft and help them increase their capacity to give back;
* Why mentoring as the vehicle: mentoring is highly scalable, one mentor can mentor many mentees at the same time, and their skills won't be obsolete overnight. It is highly customisable depending on the requirements of our partners and our clients;
* And the pay it forward model ensures that we have a steady supply of mentor talent;
* AIM also makes sure that the mentor is constantly upgraded and upskilled. We offer support, a learning environment, and positive reinforcement.
- 76 Total Views
- 49 Website Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
The Benefits of Mentoring76 Views .
AIM Video72 Views .
Mentoring (Inspirational video)60 Views .
CPM in Action47 Views .
ACCA TTM44 Views .
AIM EnactUS Mentoring in the Social Sphere39 Views .
ACCA Briefing36 Views .
Mentoring in the Tech Space32 Views .
AIM Launch Event30 Views .
Mentoring Checklist4 Views .
Jovan Tan1 Views .
Lim KaiNing1 Views .
Janet Lim1 Views .